The Paris of the Middle East, Dubai is the fastest growing city in the world and is a tourist’s paradise. Holidaymakers flock the city all year round to enjoy adventures in UAE and the sun, sand, beach and shopping. The rapid expansion of Dubai has caused it to be divided into two parts: the northern Deira region and the southern Bur Dubai with the star tourist attraction of Jumeirah. Either side of the creek, these two areas can be travelled to by Abras: traditional water taxis. Both sides are rich in contemporary and historical sights. UB Cool collected three of the most rated tourist attractions in Dubai.
South of the creek, Bur Dubai contains the Bastakiya Quarters which portray old Dubai with the narrow streets and wind towers that used to cool houses during the days when electricity was a figment of imagination. Along with the historical Dubai Museum with its excavated graves, ancient weaponry and musical instruments, this part of Dubai allows the tourist to grasp exactly how much Dubai has changed. The unique desert life, Arabian homes, pearl diving and trade on show in these areas are remarkable. The Grand Mosque with the tallest minaret of the city at 70m and its numerous domes is also a distinguished landmark with spiritual importance as well. The Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House near the sea port completes the list of star attractions in Bur Dubai. Built in the 1880s, this house was restored to its former grandeur and represents the cultural and historical roots of the city.
This region contains perhaps the most illustrious of Dubai’s landmarks: Burj Al Arab. Unofficially a seven star hotel, this sail shaped building boasts of an extraordinary design along with a royal interior and grand outlook. Another modern landmark close by is the Wild Wadi Water Park, a recreational area fit for the enjoyment of children. Modern Islamic architecture is portrayed in Dubai’s largest mosque: Jumeirah Mosque. Its beauty is further amplified at night when it is floodlit after dusk. The Jumeirah Archaeological Site in the area is also a place worth visiting where artifacts dating back to the Umayyad Dynasty of the 6th century have been found. For the best view try Palm Jumeirah Helicopter Tour.
Burj Nahar is one of the three watch towers which guard this city. It is located in Deira amongst scenic gardens exotic surroundings and attracts a lot of tourists due to its beauty and majesty. The Heritage House, a wealthy pearl merchants house built from coral and gypsum is also a must visit for tourists. A tour of the house also includes an Emirati snack of chick peas and tea.
- Potala Palace: Former home of Dalai Lama
- Lake Baikal: Pearl of Siberia
- Santorini Island tour
- All Inclusive Caribbean Beach Holidays
- Galapagos Islands
- Lake Titicaca: Scenically sacred
- Travelling to the magnificent city of Tel Aviv
- Best Attractions on Koh Rong Island
- Family Holidays in Niseko, Japan
- Holidays in Oman: Still undiscovered but increasingly popular destination for an exotic holiday
- Ten Facts about Renting an Apartment in Cambodia
- How much does it cost to live in Malaysia?
- Let’s Plan for a Holiday in Bali
- Dubai Things To Do, Activities and Entertainment
- Bangkok in Thailand offers a feeling of energy that is astonishing
- Best things to see and do in Singapore
- Koh Samui villas – rewarding option for both Thai and foreign investors
- Top Rated Tourist Attractions in Dubai
- Top Reasons to Visit Malaysia
- Holidays in Bali, The Island of Gods
- Best value Golf Courses in Hua Hin
- Ode to meadows, mountains and green glades of Kashmir
- Discovering the IT Hub of India with a Luxurious Stay at ITC Gardenia Bangalore
- Let’s Plan for a Holiday in Bali
- Sapa Vietnam Tours for Your Best Villages Adventures
- Why you must attend Tiji Festival in Upper Mustang
- Vietnam – Village Charm
- Tourist attractions in Mount Abu
- Great Villas On Koh Samui
- Thimphu and Bumthang – Bhutan
- India: Home of the Luxurious and Decadent
- Get tipped to Singapore – Travel tips
- Tokyo Disneyland
- Ajmer Sharif: Most revered site in Rajasthan
- Taipei Zoo: Fun + education in Taiwan
- Meghamalai – Walk on cloud nine
- Eaton Hotel Hong Kong