Located on the states of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho,the Yellowstone National Park is not only the world’s first National Park, it is also without doubt one of the most beautiful in the whole world. It was opened back in 1st March 1872. It is also the largest park in United States with over 2 million acres for you to explore and enjoy. The topography inside varies a great deal as well, from low valleys to heights of 11,358 feet. The lowest point in the park is 5,282 feet. The Grand Canyon is one of the most significant structure in the park along with a host of natural geysers and and hot springs. The park has over 300 geysers which makes it an active volcano belt. Its caldera is supposed to be the largest in the world. The Yellowstone Caldera is also the largest active volcano in North America. The lakes situated in the park are some of the largest high altitude lakes here. With so many hot springs and geysers the Park experiences about 2000 earthquakes in a year. The petrified forest here is one of the biggest in the world.
The history of the place goes back to 11,000 years. Many Native Americans used this park as their habitat even 200 years ago from the ancient times. After the advent of the Europeans this stopped.
Yellowstone National Park because of its size, topography and climate has biodiversity. You will find here a range of animals and birds, some endemic to the region while others have been nurtured. Some of the animal species that are common here are gray wolf, grizzly bear, lynx, mountain goat, black bear and bison. It has many fishes as well including the endemic Yellowstone cutthroat trout. The place also has about 113 bird species. 80 percent of the vegetation in the park consists of pines.
Things to do in the Yellowstone National Park :
Yellowstone Kayaking and rafting is fun. You will also get the assistance of a trained instructor.
Horse and Mule ride:
The best way to see the park and its valf or fulld ay. The st expanses is on horseback.Even llamas are available in case you prefer them to horses. You can rent them for half or full days. The overnight rides are the most adventurous.
There are several mountain bike trails in the park. It goes through the valley through the pine groves and into the most spectacular landscape.
Yellowstone Ranger Tours-The park-its history, geology, wildlife, natural formation, and activities. Take a guided tour with them to get the best out of the park. Enjoy a funfilled campfire with them while they tell you stories of the great Indians who resided in these regions thousands of years back. Take a tour at the colorful canyon with them and learn about the different rock formation.
Yellowstone Safari Park Tours
This tour shows you the best of wildlife and natural splendors in Yellowstone National Park. It gives you an amazing sense of fulfillment as you watch animals in their natural habitat quite unaware of your presence. You might chance upon wolves quite easily but be cautious to drive carefully especially during the dusk and night. There are areas where spring bears have also been spotted but these area are closed to tourists for the safeguard of the animal.
Yellowstone in the Winter
If you are adventurous and like the feel of the white on green pines, then the best time for you to visit the park is in the winter. Snowmobiling is one of the main activities in winter. The trips are generally guided.
- Koh Samui villas – rewarding option for both Thai and foreign investors
- All Inclusive Caribbean Beach Holidays
- Galapagos Islands
- Potala Palace: Former home of Dalai Lama
- Lake Baikal: Pearl of Siberia
- Lake Titicaca: Scenically sacred
- 10 Best Places To Visit in Canada
- St. Louis Zoo, Missouri: Top 7 highlights
- The rise of fitness holidays, top 15 fitness and wellness holiday destinations
- Touring New York on Wheel Chair: A Guide
- The Newbie Traveller’s Guide to Avoiding Mistakes on Their First Trip
- Best vacation destinations in the summer
- What to Remember When Traveling to NYC
- Living in Hawaii: Pros and cons
- Windsor Arms Hotel
- A Beginners Guide to Traveling Around the US by Plane
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Royal Ontario Museum: Taking a Tour
- St. Louis Zoo, Missouri: Top 7 highlights
- Places of interest in New Mexico
- Visiting Kauai, Hawaii with teenagers
- Kentucky Derby Museum is Huge Attraction in Horse Country
- Taking Care at Currituck Beach Light Station
- The Best Cheap Hotels Near Disneyland
- Vacation in Angel Fire
- Things to do in St. Augustine Florida – Full of History, Beaches and Romance
- Top 5 Things To Do In Key West – A Quick Glance
- Edmonton, Canada
- Big Sur, California
- Kings Mountain State Park
- Denver, Colorado – Sights and Attractions
- Hawaii Travel Guide
- Chattanooga Zoo, East Tennessee
- All Inclusive Resort Options in Myrtle Beach
- Yellowstone National Park
- Shenandoah National Park, Washington DC
- Virginia Zoo, Norfolk
- Los Angeles Sights
- Getaway to Barton Creek Resort for playing golf
- Houston, Texas – Sights
- Cruises from New Orleans