Houston is the forth largest city in America and is the largest city in the state of Texas. The area of the city is sizeable and the population just as much, with close to six million residents. The main attractions of the city are centered in the heart of the city. This is the city center which extends from the Galleria Mall and the downtown district.
Houston is a vibrant and young city with an assortment of attractions to keep visitors hooked. You will not lack for attractions here. The city of Houston has a huge number of dining, entertainment, shopping and nightlife options.
The city has some superb restaurants that serve succulent cuisine from around the world. Houston has no dearth of nightclubs and bars, and the nightlife scene here is nothing less than pulsating.
It is also a misconception that the state of Texas is an alien to culture. You will see so many attractions related to culture that would rival any European city. The city has a host of exceptional museums, regular well attended sporting events as well as a number of other attractions.
Houston is a significant city that has a huge number of local communities along with some historic neighborhoods. The Downtown, the Midtown, the Uptown are the main districts of the city. Downtown is of course the center of the city and is filled with innumerous options for entertainment.
Uptown is no less lively. The cosmopolitan Galleria shopping mall is situated here. There are a huge number of excellent attractions on offer even at the Midtown area, which can be accessed easily via the light railroad of the city.
Also make site that you visit the Museum District, which has a huge number of art galleries and museums. The Theater District is a cluster of top theaters of the city. This is situated in central downtown. The Heights is another famous destination. It is located on the North West side of downtown, with numerous specialty shops and historic buildings.
- Koh Samui villas – rewarding option for both Thai and foreign investors
- All Inclusive Caribbean Beach Holidays
- Galapagos Islands
- Potala Palace: Former home of Dalai Lama
- Lake Baikal: Pearl of Siberia
- Lake Titicaca: Scenically sacred
- The rise of fitness holidays, top 15 fitness and wellness holiday destinations
- Touring New York on Wheel Chair: A Guide
- The Newbie Traveller’s Guide to Avoiding Mistakes on Their First Trip
- Best vacation destinations in the summer
- What to Remember When Traveling to NYC
- Living in Hawaii: Pros and cons
- Windsor Arms Hotel
- A Beginners Guide to Traveling Around the US by Plane
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Royal Ontario Museum: Taking a Tour
- St. Louis Zoo, Missouri: Top 7 highlights
- Places of interest in New Mexico
- Visiting Kauai, Hawaii with teenagers
- Kentucky Derby Museum is Huge Attraction in Horse Country
- Taking Care at Currituck Beach Light Station
- The Best Cheap Hotels Near Disneyland
- Vacation in Angel Fire
- Things to do in St. Augustine Florida – Full of History, Beaches and Romance
- Top 5 Things To Do In Key West – A Quick Glance
- Edmonton, Canada
- Big Sur, California
- Kings Mountain State Park
- Denver, Colorado – Sights and Attractions
- Hawaii Travel Guide
- Chattanooga Zoo, East Tennessee
- All Inclusive Resort Options in Myrtle Beach
- Yellowstone National Park
- Shenandoah National Park, Washington DC
- Virginia Zoo, Norfolk
- Los Angeles Sights
- Getaway to Barton Creek Resort for playing golf
- Houston, Texas – Sights
- Cruises from New Orleans