Most people go on holiday and return feeling as if they’d gained weight. They vow to get more exercise on their next trip instead of sitting around all day drinking mojitos on the beach. It explains why people are opting for fitness holidays that strike a balance between staying fit and relaxing in the sun.
We’ve handpicked the best 15 fitness and wellness holiday destinations in the world for all your sports, fitness and wellness needs, from cycling, yoga, boot camps, winter sports, fusion fitness, HIIT workouts and water sports among others.
- Absolute sanctuary Yoga (Koh Samui Island, Thailand)
This is a great destination for new and experienced yoga enthusiast looking to invigorate and rejuvenate their souls while on holiday. There are at least 25 classes weekly you can attend in a wonderful studio. Featured styles include Yin, Hatha, Yoga Pilates, Hot Flow, Pranayama & Meditation and Ashtanga. Other activities include workshops, circuit training, spa treatment, origami napkin folding and many more.
- Ananda Yoga (The Himalayas, India)
If you’re looking for a serene experience that gives you a new fitness challenge, Ananda offers a journey unlike any you’ve seen. Revive yourself through the ancient practice that incorporates tranquillity and purity as you discover the true meaning of wellbeing. The 7-day itinerary features lifestyle consultation, Thai massage, yoga nidra, reflexology, aromatherapy, grounding salt scrub Ananda fusion and many more.
- Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico)
Every inch of this spectacular 3,000 acres is a fitness and wellness area hidden below Mt. Kuchumaa. Visitors have a plethora of activities to choose from such as TRX, yoga, meditation and hiking. Meals are cooked with organic ingredients grown at the resort’s garden for a healthy balance or you can feast on your creation at the daily cooking courses.
- The Ranch at Live Oak (California, USA)
This luxury boot camp is for those who need to detox and offers programs such as ab workout, group hikes, yoga, weight train, massages and vegan menu free of alcohol, sugar and caffeine.
- The Confidante, Miami
Get your heart rate up with spinning classes at the Confidante. The luxurious hotel offers Blue Aqua Boot camp that consist of underwater boxing, medicine balls, core callisthenics and water sprints. “Cycling is a very effective workout that consistently moves your body away from the resistance of the pool,” explains one top fitness instructor at Fitness Expos stores. “You burn calories at a faster pace and tone your body for an all-around great physique”.
- The Body Holiday St. Lucia
Whether you’re looking for white sands to dig your feet into, live on the wild side or discover the beautiful region of St Lucia, this is a fantastic destination for a beach workout. Activities include scuba diving, snorkelling, fitness workouts, spa treatment, yoga classes, sailing club and many more.
- Surfing holiday at Paris Plage, Morroco
Tucked in Morocco’s west coast is a mecca for surfing lovers around the world. Paradis plage offers beach bungalows, suites and prestige villas. Other activities include spa treatment, daily yoga classes and fitness sessions.
- Golden Door spa Resort, San Marcos, CA
It might look pricey at $9,000, but this weeklong retreat offers daily massages, fitness sessions with a personal trainer, spa sessions inclusive of skin treatment and a ton of other juicy features.
- Rock Climbing at the Canyon Ranch Arizona USA
While indoor rock climbing has grown in popularity, nothing comes close to an outdoor experience with nature. Here, you can hike through the Sonoran Desert or the innovative rock wall to strengthen your core muscles and burn calories.
- Adrenaline junkies’ heaven at Viva Wyndham Tangerine, Dominican Republic
Adrenaline junkies will have a swell time exploring various activities such as windsurfing, kiteboarding and other land activities from hiking tennis, volleyball, spa and spectacular equipment at the fitness centre. All activities and meals are included in the price of your room.
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Mexico
An all-inclusive resort, this facility offers an incredible fitness centre ideal for a workout vacation. There is a wall of mirrors where you can view the gorgeous gardens as you workout. The gym features specialized strength training classes, multilingual fitness instructors, spa services and great tasting meals from the restaurant.
- SHA Weight loss holiday, Spain
Obesity has often been linked to depression and other body image issues. It also leads to health problems like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. SHA has an organic approach to weight loss that increases vitality, keeps weight gain away and helps you incorporate a sustainable diet program. Guests at the facility enjoy a luxurious experience featuring saunas, invigorating pool, caldarium, massage beds and stone therapy among others.
A holiday to any of these destinations will help you feel healthier, fitter and less lethargic. You can pick up new skills in surfing, meditation, cycling, hiking and other activities offered at the resorts and hotels.
- Koh Samui villas – rewarding option for both Thai and foreign investors
- All Inclusive Caribbean Beach Holidays
- Galapagos Islands
- Potala Palace: Former home of Dalai Lama
- Lake Baikal: Pearl of Siberia
- Lake Titicaca: Scenically sacred
- How much does it cost to live in Malaysia?
- Top Five things to see in Luxembourg City
- Tokaj the Historical Wine Region in Hungary
- St. Louis Zoo, Missouri: Top 7 highlights
- Let’s Plan for a Holiday in Bali
- Holidays in Oman: Still undiscovered but increasingly popular destination for an exotic holiday
- Travelling to the magnificent city of Tel Aviv
- Popular nightspots in Prague
- Dubai Things To Do, Activities and Entertainment
- Best Attractions on Koh Rong Island
- Remarkable Villas for rent in Tuscany – Historical, romantic villas for both couples and families
- Best things to see and do in Singapore
- Family Holidays in Niseko, Japan
- Top Rated Tourist Attractions in Dubai
- Exploring Berlin, Germany
- Top Reasons to Visit Malaysia
- The rise of fitness holidays, top 15 fitness and wellness holiday destinations
- Touring New York on Wheel Chair: A Guide
- The Newbie Traveller’s Guide to Avoiding Mistakes on Their First Trip
- Best vacation destinations in the summer
- What to Remember When Traveling to NYC
- Exploring Tintagel, Cornwall
- Living in Hawaii: Pros and cons
- Windsor Arms Hotel
- London, the Ultimate Tourist Destination
- Holidays in Bali, The Island of Gods
- Exploring the tombs of Aquileia
- Best value Golf Courses in Hua Hin
- Ode to meadows, mountains and green glades of Kashmir
- A Beginners Guide to Traveling Around the US by Plane
- Top 5 Tourist Mistakes in Vienna
- Discovering the IT Hub of India with a Luxurious Stay at ITC Gardenia Bangalore
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Royal Ontario Museum: Taking a Tour
- Places of interest in New Mexico
- Beaches in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland
- Mexico City – a mixture of both the old and new world
- Things to do in Athens, Greece – A Unique Holiday
- Why You Should Travel to Nairobi
- Visiting Kauai, Hawaii with teenagers
- Kentucky Derby Museum is Huge Attraction in Horse Country
- Taking Care at Currituck Beach Light Station
- Sapa Vietnam Tours for Your Best Villages Adventures
- The Best Cheap Hotels Near Disneyland
- Vacation in Angel Fire
- Things to do in St. Augustine Florida – Full of History, Beaches and Romance
- Why you must attend Tiji Festival in Upper Mustang
- Private Tours – A Great Way to Explore Rome
- General Ideas of Organizing an Africa Safari