Once a sleepy fishing village, Pattaya underwent a transformation during the Vietnam War when the United States Air Force selected the nearby U-Tapao Airport as a front-line base and, with the high numbers of American servicemen stationed in the area, the infamous bars and clubs emerged that were to became synonymous with the city and its reputation. Mass development followed to create today’s cosmopolitan, dynamic city that never sleeps.
Pattaya is now undergoing a second transformation into a modern, vibrant vacation destination with a host of impressive new hotel and residential developments, shopping centres, entertainment and quality restaurants. The array of attractions in and around the city include the water huge slides of Pattaya Water Park, riding elephants at the Elephant Village or visiting one of Asia largest aquariums at Pattaya Underwater World.
U-Tapao Airport, about 45 minutes from the city, now operates daily flights to Koh Samui, Phuket and Chang Mai as well as several long-haul charter destinations. Pattaya can be reached in just an hour by car from Beach Resorts.
- Housing prices in Abu Dhabi is outpacing Dubai
- How to Get the Best Mortgage for Investment Property
- Getting Your Dream Ocean Front Homes
- Istana Phuket – 5 Star Luxury At Its Best
- Tudor Villas
- Pattaya: Best Islands in Thailand
- Amazing Thailand
- Nature of the Work of Estate Agents
- French Property Real Estate Mortgages
- Tips to find your dream Real Estate in Spain
- CITYGATE project at Kamala, Phuket
- Buying Homes in Portugal: A Way to A New Paradise
- Villas at Porto Maho, St. Maarten
- Property Investors see opportunities in Hanoi
- Canary Wharf: A Banker’s Paradise
- Property Values and Picturesque Properties in the UK
- Phuket property buyers tips
- Attitute to Property Market is Improving
- Investment Property in Thailand
- Importance of investors doing their homework
- Investment Property with no money down