As one of the worlds largest real estate firms, Savills has its share of exceptional properties. Established in 1855, Savills has grown to more than 200 offices and associates globally, making it one of the first choices for those seeking an exclusive home wherever they are based. Some of the most luxurious properties on Savills books can be found in its Global Portfolio, which range from city-centre apartments in Monaco and New York to rustic chateaux in the vineyards of France.
Gullet House in South Pool, is a fine example of the range of properties Savills offers for sale in Devon and is a perfect example of the unique treasures one can find in the Global Portfolio. Located on a peninsula between South Pool Creek and Goodshelter Creek, this opulent Arts & Crafts offers complete waterfront seclusion amid 45 acres of magical British countryside. The 9,000 sq ft main house, inspired by the designs of Gertrude Jekyll and Sir Edwin Lutyens, is sheltered both from the public and the prevailing winds by the hillside it is built into.
It features seven bedrooms and five bathrooms, including a three-room master suite, a kitchen, staff flat and four reception rooms. The biggest highlight for those who really like to entertain, however, is the 3,000 sq ft Home Barn at the rear of the house, which is appointed with a 47 ft ballroom, beamed ceiling, minstrels gallery and a huge open fireplace. The formal gardens surrounding the property provide a vantage point for enjoying the waterfront view, while a walled cutting garden at the rear also provides cover for the swimming pool.
The estate itself runs to another six cottages, two sets of farm buildings and an old creamery, a legacy from the time Gullet House was home to a sizeable dairy herd of Ayrshire cows. Boating enthusiasts are also indulged by a private jetty and boat house, with a leased foreshore included with the estate. The land rises up to 260 ft above sea level in some parts, affording some superb views of the creeks and surrounding Devon countryside.
Although properties like Gullet House are typically in a class of their own when it comes to market forces, it is reassuring to know that Devon and the South Hams in particular – consistently ranks as one of the UKs most desirable places to live. A mixture of unspoilt countryside, a relaxed pace of life and excellent estuaries for sailing and yachting means there will always be interest in well-appointed Devon homes like Gullet House.
- Santorini Island tour
- All Inclusive Caribbean Beach Holidays
- Galapagos Islands
- Potala Palace: Former home of Dalai Lama
- Lake Baikal: Pearl of Siberia
- Lake Titicaca: Scenically sacred
- Four Reasons Why You Should Check Out Turkish Baths in Budapest
- Golfing in Fiji
- Top Reasons to Move Abroad
- Tips for keeping a neat car on a road trip
- Writing an Offer to Purchase Real Estate
- Contingencies in a Purchase Offer
- Earnest Money Deposit
- The Closing Date
- Transfer of Possession
- Writing an Offer – Safeguards Regarding the Property
- Inspections You Should Require
- Condition of the Property
- Escrow and Settlement
- Selecting Service Providers
- Real Estate Market Analysis Request
- Cheap Ways To Add More Value To Your Home
- Villa Esmeralda: Your Castle in the Algarve
- 10 Best Travel Products for 2017
- Real Estate Home Search
- Travelling With Parents – Tips
- Mainland Chinese buy property in Taiwan
- Singapore offers parking in the sky
- Travel Alone for Best Experiences
- Burma readjusts tax rate on real estate deals
- Hacienda Pinilla Announces Auction to Secure New Owners
- Sky Oasis Residences: a luxury condominium project
- A Closer Look at Gullet House, Devon