Many tourists are attracted by holidays to Bora Bora and it’s easy to understand why. As one of the islands of French Polynesia this stunning destination is popular for honeymooners and couples looking for a romantic break. Bora Bora holidays aren’t just for adults though. If you are looking for a family break there are plenty of aquatic and land based activities to keep everyone amused. Bora Bora all inclusive resorts at luxury-resort-guide.com are truly amazing and you won’t regret it.
With white sandy beaches and turquoise seas the sheer natural beauty that is Bora Bora will take your breath away. The scenery elsewhere on the island won’t disappoint either; the centre hosts a striking extinct twin peaked volcano. The lush green valleys all covered in hibiscus with the flourishing hills all wow the tourist as they enjoy this welcoming piece of paradise. The official language of Bora Bora is French but if you can learn one word before your holiday to Bora Bora it should be ‘mauruuru’ – the Polynesian word for thank you!
Bora Bora Attractions
Bora Bora is the smallest island of French Polynesia at less than 11 square miles. Despite the compact size there is an abundance of interesting actvities to keep you entertained should you ever tire of lazing on those stunning beaches.
- Go on a 4×4 safari and drive high up above the lagoon for a panoramic view like no other. Or hire your own car and drive around the island making up your own slow paced itinerary. If you are feeling energetic you can hire a bike to cycle along the island’s flat roads.
- Explore the world famous turquoise lagoon – snorkel straight from your waterside bungalow through the clear shallow and warm waters. Or go for a ride in a glass bottom boat and see how many brightly coloured tropical fish you can see swimming through the coral. To check out the whole lagoon why not hire a motorboat or jetski and whizz around the waters?
- Join the huge manta rays and reef sharks on a dive in one of the world’s most sought after diving locations.
- If you feel like really spoiling yourself a scenic helicopter ride will give you a bird’s eye view of the island.
- Go on a sunset cruise on a catamaran around the lagoon, cocktail in hand.
- Shopping – take in the world renowned high quality unique boutiques that can be found in the shopping centres dotted around the island’s encircling road. Find local crafts, art galleries and working studios or shop for Bora Bora’s quality and popular black pearls.
- For the ultimate in luxurious endulgance why not start the day with a real treat. Breakfast delivered to your overwater bungalow or villa by canoe? Be spoilt with fresh fruits and pastries whilst you leisurely plan the coming day’s activities on this island paradise.
Where to stay
If you book your holiday to Bora Bora through a travel agent you will no doubt stay at one of the luxurious resorts that the island is well know for. With over the water bungalows and glass floors, top of the range amenities and facilities you won’t be disappointed.
As amazing as these resorts are, if you have a budget to stick to you still have a wide range of options. You can book a vacation rental directly with the owner or stay in one of the local pensions. Of course facilities are more basic but it means that Bora Bora isn’t just for those with a large holiday fund!
Booking Holidays to Bora Bora
There are two options for booking Bora Bora Holidays. You can book with a ATOL/ABTA registered travel agent who can arrange all the aspects of your holiday to Bora Bora. The flights, transfers, hotels and even prearrange some day trips should you wish.
However, some people do prefer to book independently – there are options to rent private holiday homes or stay in smaller family hotels and lodges.
Through Luxury-Resort-Guide.com we hope to provide you with all the information you need to book your dream vacation to this wonderful dream destination that is Bora Bora.